Monday, September 19, 2011

Fabulous Fabric!

What an exciting day in Berkley, Michigan!  As least it was an an exciting day for me.  First, I now have another title: Mommy, Wife, Daughter, Sister, Crazy Pillow Lady, and now I am Auntie Jenny!!!  My new little niece was born yesterday and I have not yet met her.  Little Anna lives in Chicago with my brother and sister-in-law.  She is of course a cutie and I got to hear her cry today for the first time.  It was pretty exciting.  Violet said she was too loud and does not want to look at pictures of her little cousin.  I think seeing an actual little baby makes Vi uncomfortable because she is realizing that as much as she would like to be Baby Vi, she is actually a big girl.  So, happy day for me but not so happy for Violet.

You are probably thinking to yourself, "I sure hope something else exciting happened today!"  Well, something else exciting DID happen today.  Actually, something exciting came in the mail.  The fabric that I ordered from Fashionable Fabrics arrived today.  I ordered twelve yards of what I think are pretty snazzy fabrics.  As I was looking at them today I thought, "Hmm, some of these fabrics would make nice purses or tote bags."  But, while I am not far off from branching out, I think I am going to stick with what I know right now, happy pillows.
Fabric still wrapped in plastic

Fabric out of the plastic
Aren't the colors perfect?  The kid fabrics are a nice soft cotton and the other three are decorator fabric.  I can't wait to get started.  This project is going to be like the ACT of sewing.  Can I do it?  Can I make?  Will someone log onto Etsy sometime in the next couple weeks and say, "Oh, I must have that pillow!!!  It was made just for me!"  Well, that all remains to be seen.  All I know is that the coming weeks are going to be busy.  It will be a time to concentrate and a time to test my new found sewing skills.  Also, if you did not read my last post, it is time to put Kevin's diagram to good use!  Here is the link to Mathematics + Sewing = Panic  in case you missed it - http://715pillows.blogspot.com/2011/09/mathematics-sewing-panic.html I am now off to spend a few hours in my sewing spot!  Hope you all have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment