I broke out the directions on how to make an envelope pillow which were written in a sewing language I don't understand. Directions are also written in French but lets face it, I never performed all that well in my French classes. So, I gave the directions to Kevin. Kevin kind of understood and we decided to forget the directions. I cut out the big square for the front and two halves for the back, envelope. My measuring was a little off - my mom always tells me that if it is off I should start over again. Yeah, I did not follow those directions. (Mother knows best!) In the end, my "envelope" opening should have been a little wider and my insert smaller. I ordered a 17 x 17 insert so that the pillow would be fuller. Here are the pictures:
|Not bad from the front...|
|...back needs some tweaking.|
The moral of this little post: if at first you don't succeed, try again. So, I will be trying again. Tonight!